Tuesday 29 March 2011

Nuxe, Please!

Hello, Friends!

Contrary to popular belief, not all gay boys instantly achieve orgasm at the mere mention of "product." 

I don't use any beauty product beyond my trusty tube of Kiehl's Lip Balm #1. Blame Drs. Sylvia Jacinto and Jasmine Jamora - the mother-daughter tandem who cleared my skin of horrid acne in record time - for my lack of contribution to the global cosmetics industry.

But self consciousness creeps in as the big 3-0 approaches and visits to my favourite dermatologists grow further between. I've grown paranoid. How can I not, when Aaron Kwok - who must be 100 years old - reminds me daily of my own imperfection as he stares at me benignly from men's beauty billboards?

The thought of marching into a beauty shop scares me. I don't want to try products as over-eager attendants shove this or that under my nose, trying to get me to buy, buy, buy. I like trying products from the comfort of home where, if I get an allergic reaction, I can quickly scrub everything off.

Luckily, it seems as though the universe heard and felt my ever-increasing panic. Yesterday, a big bag of Nuxe goodies was delivered to FINDS, tagged: "Attention: James Gannaban." I almost wept with joy as I went through bottles and vials and tubes of natural, luxurious products that soothe, nourish and repair sensitive skin.  

Now, if I can only figure out which one to try first...

With Affection,
James

Photobucket
Big thanks to the dashing Charles Wong, Nuxe's POS Events Manager - Asia/Pac and to the lovely folks at Nuxe for the early Christmas goodies!

No comments: