Friday 11 March 2011

In Bed with Boys

Hello, Friends!

I'd tell you all about what happened last night, except I don't remember a thing.

Oh, right.

We were in Manila's gay super club, Bed.

I meant to behave, I really did. But the moment I walked out of my hotel wearing one of my signature trashy tops, all good sense flew out of the window. Better yet, all good sense was dissolved by the vodka. As photos seem to indicate, I got up onstage - during someone else's dance number - and I grinded like a barbarian. Oops.

After an intense day at Villa Escudero, it was nice to just lounge and hang out with the candidates, producers and directors from all over the world. Fab team building, fueled by some shockingly tasty bar chow (my burp still smelt of egg canapes this morning) and some high-octane handbag musique from Bed co-owner and headline DJ, Brian Cua. Incidentally, Brian also mixed the track for the Mr Gay HK formal wear competition - the same track we used for the MGHK Grand Finale video.



So, Brian Cua is proper p.h.i.e.r.c.e. and is among my favouritest people in the world.

Last night, the delegates presented unique items from their countries for auction. Proceeds go towards the care of HIV and AIDS patients, for whom the Philippine government will soon withdraw partial medical subsidy. Boo! Medical care is a human right, especially if you're ill with something life threatening!

Some of my favourite items include a medal which Mr Bulgaria won at a sport competition; Hong Kong's (of course) Limited Edition Tongzhi Tsai t-shirt signed by all the delegates of Mr Gay World 2011; and Mexico's fabulous handmade red handbag. I screamed my head off when I saw that item. Fabiola wants it. You may continue bidding on the items until the Grand Finale at Club Mwah on Sunday.

Open your wallets, not just your mouths and legs.

This time, it's really for a good cause.

With Affection,
James


Photobucket
MGW Director - South America, the beefy Carlos Melia; MGW's Director of the Board and Gay Whistler Director, Dean Nelson; one of Bed's babyfaced owners, Great Ancheta; and Asia's Most Hyperactive Gay Boy™

Photobucket
This is our mother-and-child portrait, tee-hee!

Photobucket
Czech Republic is a contemporarydancer, as well, like Heihei

Photobucket
Producers' Shot: Hong Kong, Northern Ireland, Finland. My nipples would like to come out and party, too, so I said "why not?" and it did. I swear we didn't all plan to wear white coz a White Party is, like, so gay.

Photobucket
Nipple on the Loose

Photobucket
Australia

Photobucket
Canada. Love the tats.

Photobucket
Finland

Photobucket
Heihei and his signature cocktail ring

Photobucket
Caption this now.

Photobucket
A Limited Edition Tongzhi Tsai t-shirt signed by all delegates of MGW2011 is going under the hammerfor a good cause

Photobucket
Heihei is happy
Photobucket
Netherlands
Photobucket
New Zealand

Photobucket
Peru

Photobucket
Mexico and his handmade handbag, which Fabiola wants

Photobucket
Uh-oh... Time to go home.

No comments: