Monday 19 March 2012

Eating & Drinking In The Snow

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hot Belgian Cherry Beer

// SAPPORO FOOD FESTIVAL //

The only thing more massive than the snow sculptures was the food festival complex. It was a world buffet. Mongolian, Brazilian, Indian, Southeast Asian, Swiss, Belgian, Cantonese, Mexican, Japanese of course - everything! I wanted to shovel everything into my mouth just to try everything once. I have limited space in my tummy, but certainly, that didn't stop me from trying.

Everything was yummy. Food is just so dependable in Japan, no matter what the cuisine, no matter where you end up. People clearly have a high set of expectations, highly evolved palates, access to the best available ingredients and equipment... Sapporo, itself, though not remarkably pretty, seems to have enough moxy to attract some pretty darn good culinary talent.

I felt like a snowball at about 3pm. I had chocolate dipped bananas coming out of my mouth, clams coming out of my ears, noodles coming out of my nose, hot Belgian cherry beer spilling out of my esophagus...

It was multiple food orgasm.

I wanted to feast forever.

No comments: