Sunday 25 March 2012

Hyperactive at The 8th Estate Winery

Photobucket
The Hyperactive Gay Boy™ at The 8th Estate Winery

  


I honestly didn't know what to expect when I walked into The 8th Estate Winery - a pioneer amongst a tiny handful of urban wineries in the world.

"We're the winery that's closest to the water, too," said Lysanne Tusar, CMO. She gestured towards the Lamma smoke stacks, directing our gaze towards the vast openness of the South China Sea. "We're ten feet away!"

The winery is on concrete, surrounded by high rise industrial buildings, in Ap Lei Chau. I wouldn't have believed it if I weren't there, physically standing on it.

It's visionary in every way.

Lysanne generously shared with us a yet unlabeled bottle of rosé. "There'll only be 1,750 bottles of this," she said, "and they'll all be sold before the summer even starts."

Thanks, Lysanne!

The 8th Estate Winery is so awesome, Chris and I decided we're doing his birthday party there. It's my new, favourite place in Hong Kong and an experience I'll make sure my out-of-town guests get to have, too.

Hope you enjoy the short video I made from my and Chris' visit earlier today.





// FANCY A SPLASH OF SHIRAZ? //



2 comments:

ChinaWineChick said...

AWESOME VIDEO! Keep up the effort =) Was great hanging out with you this Sunday darling

James Gannaban said...

Thanks, girl!