Wednesday 13 June 2012

DETOX DIVA DAY 8: GIANT CHORIZO & JUICY MUSSELS

Photobucket
RYE + HYPERACTIVE
Photobucket
BIG RED CHORIZO
Photobucket
FAT JUICY MUSSELS
Photobucket
STEAMED BROCCOLI
Photobucket
DIVA PILLOW IN THE DIVA NEST, NATCH.


"Any cravings?"Detox Diva Deborah Dewey carefully enquires.

"None," I reply. "Not even for chocolate. I haven't had a 'brownie' in days. My appetite's not as massive as before, either."

"Your stomach is shrinking," Deborah says knowingly.

"Your face is thinner,"Adele says.

"You look skinnier," Rye says.

Please, guys, stop it some more!

I like this detox; I take one, small victory every day. I feel like I'm getting somewhere, that's why I'm encouraged to plod through the cycle. Of course it helps that I don't feel deprived; I actually get to enjoy one meal on my shake days (which, happily, outnumber the scary deep cleanse days).

"Avoid craps," Deborah reminds me.

She means C = coffee; R = refined carbs; A = alcohol; P = processed food; S = sugar & salt.

OK, so Rye's garlic chorizo from Macau, a pasalubong from Noelito and Rai Lee, actually falls under 'craps'... But I swear I only had a few, unctuous pieces... They were so good, I moaned. I sated my appetite mostly with mussels, which were obscenely fat and impossibly juicy. Yeah - detox does that. It intensifies the eating experience into some sort of sexual reawakening.

"I made steamed broccoli for you," Rye says, "so you don't have to worry too much about having to eat white rice."

What would I ever do without friends?

Three more days!


// WERQ. //      

  






No comments: