Saturday 16 February 2013

POST-TRAIL SPA THERAPY AT SENSE OF TOUCH TSEUNG KWAN O

SENSE OF TOUCH TSUENG KWAN O
OUR PRIVATE TREATMENT ROOM.

(IMAGE FROM SENSE OF TOUCH, SINCE I WAS A DOOZY AND DIDN'T BRING A CAMERA OR MY iPHONE.)


Valentine's was a pretty Hyperactive work day (so what else is new) with my girls Charmaine and Running, in a mad rush to get everything organized before my and Chris' snow holiday. And after the seemingly endless miles of nature trail Chris and I took on over Chinese New Year, my body was screaming for relief.

I had been meaning to visit Sense of Touch's newest branch at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Tseung Kwan O. Yesterday, I finally had that chance. I have been to the spa's branch in Repulse Bay, and it had far exceeded my expectations. What could they have done to top themselves?

"The venue's a 10," Chris enthused.

"It's awesome," I agreed.

We were ushered into a couple's treatment room that looked more like a hotel suite. Rain shower, steam, huge party bath tub, a ginormous closet, lots of huge, fluffy towels, state-of-the-art Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air speakers, Elemis products everywhere. It must have been twice the size of our humble flat in Sheung Wan, and definitely far more luxuriously finished.

We started with a half hour milk and oat bath; followed by a steam bath with a wild crafted Indonesian recipe of ginger, lavender and spices; a full body scrub; and then finally, a glorious, hour-long aromatherapy massage.

"Give it to me," I challenged my therapist, Dolores - a fellow Pinoy. She rose up to the challenge, dealing powerful strokes that belied her diminutive frame. Grabe, it hurt so good.

For the next 2.5 hours, over 20 different products must have touched my and Chris' bodies.

We ended the night with a diet-busting dinner of nasi goreng, seafood laksa and beer.

Bliss.



*The Two Tropical Bliss Signature Treatment costs HKD3,350 for 2 persons, for 2.5 hours. 



A: 3F Crowne Plaza Hong Kong Kowloon East, 3 Tong Tak Street, Tseung Kwan O, Hong Kong
E: enquiries@senseoftouch.com.hk 
T: +852 3983 0406








No comments: