Monday 1 April 2013

The Diva Video Of The Day™ Patti Lupone / Being Alive (LIVE 1991)



Chris is in the study,wrapping up his previous consulting gig. I'm doing the laundry and blogging. It's just another day at home, except it's not.

Chris leaves in five days.

Earlier today, he closed the door just before he Skyped his mum.

It then dawned on me that, even after six years of having been together, we hardly know each other.

"We barely know each other beyond a collection of habits," I exhaled. "Life sort of just took over; we simply let the days roll one after another."

"Mm," he murmured. 

"But maybe that'll be what this next chapter is about - getting to know each other, apart."

Patti Lupone delivers another brilliant performance. Her voice is crystal-clear, her enunciation crisp as an autumn morning, her phrasing an impeccable match for Sondheim's musicality more than nay other.   

Make me alive, make me confused 
Mock me with praise, let me be used 
Vary my days
But alone is alone, not alive!
    

 photo 392826_10151543586138162_1938934876_n_zpse8b2829e.jpg
CHEUNG SHA
  // JAMES & CHRIS //




No comments: