Friday 26 August 2011

The Little House in Antipolo

Hello, Friends!

My little house in Antipolo is so charming, honestly.

Sure, it's in Bumfuck, Nowhere - and it takes fucking forever to get to, and to get out of. But that's fine, coz it's a patch of land I call mine. It's got three bedrooms, two toilets and baths, parking for one car, a backyard with a small veggie patch (lots of chili bushes!) and a pretty garden out front. What more could The Hyperactive Gay Boy™ wish for - except perhaps for a neighbourhood gay bar?

It was my mum who closed the deal. That was over three years ago... At that time, I was still just Disney twink sitting on a pile of dollar savings, as all good Pinoy gay sons who work overseas do. I didn't know what to do with it so I sent mum on a mision to find a house. How the fuck was I supposed to know that she'd choose something way out in the 'burbs, two hours away (on a good day) by grotty public commute to the city centres at which I worshipped in temples of bacchanalia?? Besides that, it seemed we were the first settlers to break ground in the new village. It worried me just a tiny bit, but I must admit that it also appealed a wee bit to my inner tai tai-wannabe self to have a home in such private, secluded grounds.

Fast forward to today. The village is fucking packed, like, almost shoulder-to-shoulder with perfect little houses. Wisteria Lane has nothing on Woodberry Subdivision, honestly! I mean, I still only make it home maybe twice a year, if I'm lucky, but it feels bloody awesome to be a homeowner, especially since the price of the property has almost doubled in such a short amount of time.

I don't fancy that I'll ever relocate or retire to my little house on the prairie, like, ever. Duh, I'm a proper city boy now! I left the boonies as soon as I said bye-bye to Tuguegarao to be a wide-eyed arriviste in Ateneo, where I studied Theatre, natch. But that's OK. At the end of the day, at least I have something to show for my efforts, "monkeying around."

Yesterday morning, I took photos of pretty plants and flowers in my garden. I mean, honestly! This is beyond!

Well chosen, mum!

Hyperactive Gay Boy™'s got digs!

With Affection,
James


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I don't like bananas all that much, honestly, but I must say I like that they grow in my garden.

Photobucket
HGB's Dad - the real, biological Dad, I mean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi James, came onto your blog via Sassy Hong Kong. Just wanted to say I love your style of writing. Honest, blunt and smack down 'in your face' with a twist of sarcasm. I just love that shit! Keep up the crazy work =)

James Gannaban said...

thanks, ninjamigii!!! i love comments, honestly! keep 'em coming! xox