Wednesday 21 September 2011

Cumtini

Hello, Friends!

You gotta hand it to the Sing-boys for their audacity, honestly. I mean, creating a drink called "Cumtini" is genius! It was in a bar called Rewind, of all things - where shockingly young boys hang out. "Kindergarten," a friend of mine sniffed, surveying the crowd.

But that's beside the point.

This drink exists, and it's cool that it does.

Photobucket

Since I'm not in Singapore every day, I decided it's a must to give this "cocktail's" (sic) a try.

It had rope-y stands of cucumber in it, like the eponymous bodily expulsion for which it was named. It was slighly spicy, so I suppose red peppers were muddled with fresh cucumber to create the finished product. That's how your cum-tini would taste like if you just had red curry, I guess!

All together, it was OK. Inoffensive. Like, I wouldn't have it again, which is shame - because honestly, it's the sort of drink you'd like to be able to recommend to your friends, for example:

"Shit, Shiela! You absolutely must try the Cumtini! And don't fucking gag, bitch! Just swallow!"

Right?

So I decided to ask my good friend, Nash Wong, bartender at FINDS in Tsim Sha Tsui, to create his version of the audacious Singaporean cocktail, and this is what he came up with:

Photobucket

It was so stiff and straight.

I drank all of it.




With Affection,
James

No comments: