Saturday 19 November 2011

Clicks at Harvey Nicks

Photobucket



Hello, Friends!

"Hey!" I felt a tap on my shoulder, "can you take our photo!"

"... okay ..." I smiled. I always get asked that when I carry a big camera at events. I'm used to it.

The two ladies posed prettily.

Click.

"Where's our Polaroid?" my subject demanded.

Her friend grabbed her arm and hissed something I couldn't hear.

"Oh..." my subject blushed. "We thought you were the official photographer."

"That's OK," I reassured her. "You ladies look great."

I was at the KOTUR and Harvey Nichols Collaboration 5th Anniversary cocktail party in Pacific Place. My friend, Valerie, was one of the bloggers honoured with a customized Kotur clutch bag. Sales from the customization service, I believe, benefits Operation Smile. My brother, Igi, was born with a cleft lip; my family was passionately involved with Operation Smile.

"Would you like a Polaroid?" a statuesque blonde stunner named Stephanie asked me.

"I would love a Polaroid," I replied. "I'm a sucker for souvenirs!"

The event was short and sweet. Socialites galore.

I would have stayed longer, except I had to meet my friend Norm.

"Norm," I said, "I've been taking other people's photos all night. Will you take one of me?"

Click.

Photobucket


"Sultry look," Norm remarked.

I didn't know if he was being appreciative, critical or patronizing.

Perhaps, all of the above.


With Affection,
James


Photobucket

No comments: