Friday 1 March 2013

The Diva Video Of The Day™ Diana Krall / Let's Fall In Love (LIVE)




The first CD I ever purchased was Babyface's The Day. The second was Diana Krall's When I Look In Your Eyes. This was way back 2001, when the charts were ruled by the venerable likes of Cher (Believe), Britney Spears (Baby One More Time) and Christina Aguilera (Genie In A Bottle).

I didn't know who Diana Krall was; I had never even heard of her before I saw a rave review in the papers. YouTube wasn't yet around for me to have done my due diligence before deciding to purchase her music. Thank goodness Tower Records (remember??) allowed music lovers to actually preview a CD on dedicated listening stations.

I was captivated by Krall's husky, raspy alto. To my ears, her voice was like rich, meaty protein compared to the sugary, empty carbs of Britney et al.

Years on, I find myself going back to Diana Krall whenever I want to listen to something easy but stimulating.

Let's fall in love, she suggested.

And we did.              
          

 photo IMG_5415_zps5dc69007.jpg
MY TWO LOVES:
EMMA & CHRIS
// OSAKA. //




No comments: