Wednesday 3 April 2013

The Diva Video Of The Day™ Gloria Estefan / Don't Wanna Lose You




I got back to listening to Gloria Estefan because of Shakira and The Voice. Shakira was asking a young Latina singer to choose her, Shakira, as coach because, although she is a global Latin music superstar, she needed the Gloria Estefan to be by her side and lead the way. Anyway.

The sentiments of this song echo how I'm feeling right now. Yucky, cheesy, touchy-feely moment, ew. My friend, Tia, messaged me last night saying "No James! Great days ahead! xx" Exactly. I mean, make lemonade out of lemons and all that. The truth is, I will not give up what Chris and I have shared for six years just because he's moving to Canberra.

Fuck Canberra.

This is a relationship forged and strengthened in Hong Kong! We've had everything stacked against us - age difference, cultural differences, dissimilar value systems... and yet somehow we've made it work.

Go, us!


I don't wanna lose you now 
We're gonna get through somehow 
I don't wanna lose you now 
Or ever!


 photo 894616_10151822273709816_307538630_o_zps6e0a4a45.jpg
TAI TAN COUNTRY TRAILS
Ph / Caroline Manchoulas
  // JAMES + CHRIS //




No comments: