Wednesday 2 March 2011

The Lady Rides a Tram-p

Hello, Friends!

To the theatre or to a tram - that was the question. 

"You realize that the cost of our theatre tickets is equivalent to a Taipei return flight, don't you?" I asked Chris inconsequentially whilst I sipped my third cup of Pimm's.

"Is it," he mumbled as the tram ding-ding'd through Admiralty.

"Yup," I persisted.

I majored in theatre, so unlike Chris, it wasn't as easy of a choice for me as it was for him. The Berliner Ensemble doing Brecht is like the Royal Shakespeare Company doing, well, Shakespeare. And Europe is a far way away for Asia's Most Hyperactive Gay Boy™. Chris and I fought tooth and nail to get tickets to the Berliner Ensemble's Threepenny Opera at the Hong Kong Arts Festival.

In the end, it was all for naught because we decided not to go. At our current state of inebriation, we were beyond Brecht.

Tram won.

Then again, A-list Hong Kong homos n' hags doing a tram party is like Meryl Streep, Alec Bladwin and Steve Martin making It's Complicated; or Julianne Moore and David Duchovny making Evolution, or... you get the picture.

Pimm's, pretzels and potato chips - and I am not making that up just for alliteration's sake - fueled the party.

As though the bacchanalia of FINDS' Grand Opening and Mr Gay HK's Farewell Party two consecutive nights prior weren't enough, along rolls a bright-red antique tram. The trip further enlivened the weekend - and also made it even more bizaare.

"Dress warm, with hats!" was the advisory from my friend Peter, the organizer.

As the party wore on and the conversations became more lubricated - i.e. a spirited discourse on "Is hangover sex the best kind of sex?" - Brecht became a distant fantasy.

"Let's grow old together," Chris suggested.

"Yes," I sighed, "let's."

And then I bit his ear for emphasis.


With Affection,
James




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Antonio Licon said...

Ah, your eloquent alliteration is always appreciated my dear Gay Boy... Love the photos, miss you all.

James Gannaban said...

Come back.