Thursday 31 March 2011

Where is Love?

Hello, Friends!

I'm missing Chris like crazy and I'm getting fabulously grumpy. So I rang up my favourite travel agent, Ling, and asked if she can hook me up with fabulously cheap Hong Kong - Melbourne - Hong Kong flights. I fully intended to surprise Chris by turning up at his niece Nicole's wedding on Saturday.

"Have you sorted out your Australian visa yet?" Ling enquired.

My heart sank.

I was reminded yet again that my fabulous Philippine passport doesn't have any fabulously mighty border powers, except in ASEAN countries. An Aussie visa application for Pinoys requires a fabulous mountain of documents.

"I wanna come to Sanya," I texted my best friend, Trish. It's the weekend of the fabulously luxurious Hainan Rendezvous, after all, and Sanya's always good fun. Besides, a China visa takes overnight to process, tops. "Where are you staying?"

Trish replied: "Mandarin. Come!!!"

So I went on AsiaRooms and Agoda. Rooms at the fabulous Mandarin cost upwards of USD300++

My heart sank yet again.

"I will most likely skip San Ya," I texted Trish, "and settle for Sha Tin, instead."

So here I am, lonely, grumpy, madly scrambling for any fabulous last-minute flight-and-room deal, stumped with a fabulous quandary:

Beijing? Bangkok? Or Bali?

With Affection,
James


Photobucket
Beijing

Photobucket
Bangkok

Photobucket
Bali

No comments: