Sunday 29 May 2011

Mui Wo - Pui O - Cheung Sha

Hello, Friends!

Regimented exercise bores me. That's why I like walks. I get to see new things, sweat the city's toxic wastes out of my body a little bit, and take a few photos to help me keep up appearances of being truly Hyperactive.

So just as the sun was beauting down strongest on Lantau yesterday, I, together with Chris and my good friends, Greg and Peter, set out for a walk along the coast of Lantau. We started off from the steps right behind Wellcome, just off of the ferry pier. Greg's partner, Allen, begged off the trek. Walking along supermaket aisles was enough aerobic activity for Allen for the day, being that he's a choreographer and gets more than enough exercise during the week.

The walk was pleasant. It was challenging enough to give anybody a decently drenched t-shirt whilst ensuring that you were entertained with enough variety of terrains and landscapes.

I did a belly-flop somewhere along the way. I tripped off a protruberant root. The bad news is I got scraped on both knees and on one elbow. The good news is I had enough physical awareness to hoist the camera up with my other arm as I took a slow-motion tumble, natch.

The camera is safe.

"We didn't hear you scream," Peter said as Chris rinsed the dirt off my skin with Evian (but of course).

"I'm from Tuguegarao," I explained. "We don't scream when we get scraped."

We did the Mui Wo - Pui O - Lower Cheung Sha walk in 2hrs 15min, with an ice cream break in between.

And so it begins...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yes, Mother Nature is Gay. That's why she's called 'Mother'."
Photobucket

OK, Mother Nature didn't like that comment. And so she makes me take a tumble.
Photobucket

If only the road to Calvary were this fabulous (matched with sparkling conversation along the way), Jesus Christ would have been crucified with the crown jewels instead of a crown of thorns.
Photobucket

Yes, Mother Nature. You're gay.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

James: Greg, stop texting.
Greg: People are texting me that you were calling them "ugly" last night.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This should have been the Red, White and Blue of the American Flag, except that Greg's tee is really fuchsia.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The barren redness of clay...
Photobucket

...the bulbous redness of co... I mean, lanterns...
Photobucket

...the riotous redness of fire tree...
Photobucket

Photobucket

...followed by the warm oranges of autumn
Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm challenged to think up a confounding title for this image a la "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest." But I can't. So I'm just gonna call it "Peter Sargant & the Unbearable Redness of Being."
Photobucket

Pui O Delicious. Need I say more?
Photobucket

Canopy of purple bougainvillea
(Though the name of that flower is shit to spell, it's the shortest word I know of that contains all the vowels. Useless piece of trivia.)
Photobucket

Through the eye of a needle
Photobucket

Peter Taking a Photo of Me Taking a Photo of Him
Photobucket

Mother Nature is a Florist
Photobucket

That's a woman clambering up a giant trunk. You go, gurl!
Photobucket

A frisky dog takes a sip of Peter's Evian
(Lucky bitch. The dog, not Peter.)
Photobucket

Yay! We got to Cheung Sha Beach in one piece!
Photobucket

With Affection,
James

2 comments:

Darrick Sampson said...

Great photos- I want to do this walk someday! dgs

James Gannaban said...

darrick - did i see you at Pink Fridays? can't remember, now... we should exchange numbers so I can invite you to the next walk :)