Tuesday 20 September 2011

Gay Boys in Tai Long Wan

Photobucket

Hello, Friends!

Rye is one of my bestest friends. So when he invited me and Chris to Tai Long Wan for his birthday barbecue, I didn't think twice. I clicked the "Attending" button immediately. I swear it had nothing to do with the mouthwatering vision of sunkissed surfer boys!

In truth, I've trekked to Tai Long Wan before - and getting to the spectacular beach is a massive pay-off after hours of trekking. So, whilst I may moan that Tai Long Wan is Bumfuck, Nowhere, I'm really not a total wimp, natch.

I arrived with my good friends, Jeff and Bono, at around 2pm. We turned up early, it turned out, for what was meant to be lunch. Swell, I thought, coz I get more face time with the birthday boy and his super-cool mom, Remz. But arriving early also meant that I couldn't hide from the daunting task of helping pitch the tent. It was windy and rainy. Sand + Rain + Gay Boys = Natural Disaster.

Photobucket

We tried; we really did. But after a certain point, we dismantled the tent altogether and admitted defeat because the entire structure was in danger of getting blown by the wind, Mary Poppins style.

So we attacked the alcohol, because what else was there to do whilst the meats were grilling? Meanwhile, we got attacked by a "Tequila Spritzer," of all things, because what's a birthday party without strange party gadgets?



Aww, isn't he adorable?

I don't know his name. None of us did. Rye just pulled him into our group, because why not? He looked yummy and in need of a tequila blast!

So apart from the surfer-guy-with-no-name, we perved on our cute friends, Noel and Rai. I managed to snap them pashing, which is totally romantic.

Photobucket

In the end, I got feasted on by mosquitoes. Massive ones. So Chris and I went home at 8pm, just after Rye had finished festooning the branches with ribbons of fairy lights. Tai Long Wan suddenly looked as festive as a barrio in the Philippines at Christmastime, and that's so awesome, honestly!

Happy birthday, Rye! I love you so, so much!


With Affection,
James

No comments: