Friday 1 February 2013

HYPERACTIVE DOES K11 IN THE YEAR OF THE SNAKE

maine mirandilla james gannaban running kan
Flanked by my spectacular girls, Charmaine and Running
Photobucket
These guests recognized me from my stint as MC of Salon de Ning's Open Mic Nights
ashley lui hollie allman
Ashley Lui, Hollie Allman, Adele Jeanbourquin
james gannaban hong kong
Ushering in the Year of the Snake with a sssmokin' hot lucky draw.
We gave away a hotel stay in Suzhou, a diamond pendant set in white gold, and a bazillion's worth of other prizes from the new boutiques in K11
tisha and james
Pretty Ms. Tisha serves up some tasty chocolate mini-cupcakes;
Hyperactive grabs a fistful 
emma hammonds peter sargant james gannaban chris adams
Love. Life. Laughter. Light.


K11, billed as the world's first 'art mall,' ushered in the Year of the Snake by hosting an event for HK Magazine's readers last night.

I was in the mall by 9.30am to set up. Lights, sounds and event dress had to be brought in before the mall even opened. I wanted to make sure all the vendors delivered their stuff where they needed to be, that everything on my checklist is in the venue, that nothing would go wrong.

The rest of the day was spent collecting fabulous lucky draw prizes from sponsors and some of K11's newly opened boutiques. Hotel Soul in Suzhou gave a 3D/2N stay with breakfast for 2 people; Chow Tai Fook contributed a heart shaped diamond pendant set in white gold, VERO Chocolates gave away 2 limited edition collections inspired by the Chinese zodiac, there were dining vouchers from Marriott and a few other hot, new restaurants, etc.

I have put together a lot of events in my life. My friend, Peter, and I jokingly refer to each other as "Event Nazi." I haven't had anything come together so seamlessly as the event in K11. Everything fell together like clockwork. Reception was busy, the guests looked great and had a terrific time, the canapes were perfect, music by DJ Frankie of the Ritz-Carlton was super sexy, and I had a fabulous time hosting.

Thanks to K11 or having us, thanks - and congratulations! - to the newly opened shops, thanks to our beautiful readers who never fail to delight us, and thanks of course to my girls Charmaine and Running, without whom my life would just honestly be a big, fat mess!

And much love to my dearest friends who always find time to attend and support my events even if they've heard me repeat the same jokes on the mic 198 times.

Happy Year of the Snake!






No comments: