Friday 19 April 2013

The Diva Video Of The Day™ D'SOUND / Tattooed On My Mind (LIVE)



There's a bit of funky singing here. But when a song is this complex, who are we, mere mortals, to complain? If anything, the occasional sour note only emphasizes the difficulty of performing such an ambitious piece. Listen. There are entire universes and ecosystems and musical movements and rainbows in this piece. And it's packaged as pop. Europop!


Oh, Yesterday, I was feelin' safe, oh 
All I do today is tryin' to be BRAVE
and no melody can seem to suit my mind...
and now I curse you for being so sweet and so kind

And I can't get you out of my dreams
Now I know that you're a dangerous kind
And your face is tattooed on my mind
And I can't get you out of my dreams..

Yes I know you're tattooed
On my mind you're tattooed 



It's masterfully arranged and produced!

Photo below has nothing to do with the song. Just wanted to share, coz it was beautiful to have been welcomed like family into the Rohs' home. All I had to repay their warmth and hospitality was a box of moon cakes and some crispy pork floss.

Can't wait for next time!


 photo IMG_0119_zps90c6f4dd.jpg
SPREAD PREPARED BY GRANDMA ROH
AND MY SISTER, TERI.

THEY FUSSED ABOUT HAVING TO FEED ME A HOME COOKED MEAL BECAUSE --

"WHEN WILL WE HAVE THE CHANCE TO HAVE HIM HERE AGAIN?"
  
  // TRADITIONAL KOREAN DINNER 
AT THE ROHS' HOME //








No comments: